TIME FOR REVOLUTION - The Albert Clock is available in two new designs: maple wood and walnut wood. The new product is more defined, with a very crisp display and material finishes. But not only the look has changed. The production as well! After 3 years of producing in China, we have decided to take over the manufacture and bring it to Europe - more precisely: to our own atelier! A big step for us and an exciting challenge. See for yourself...
1. The design process - Playing with materials: LEDs in 3500k, 4000k and 4500k. Different acrylics suppliers. Different woods. Walnut and maple wood as a final choice.
2. The first batch - The first batch of 250 walnut wood housings for the Albert Clock is about to be crafted by Zimmermann Uhrengehäuse GmbH in the Black Forest region / Germany.
3. Third generation - Zimmermann Uhrengehäuse GmbH is a carpenter's workshop for clock cases. The thirs-generation family business employs around 10 workers full time.
4. The people behind - The clock makers do not only employ cabinetmakers,but also painters and labourers.
5. Piling up - Outside view of the small factory with the rests of the walnut wood and the maple tree cut and waiting for us
7. Inventive ideas - A mirror with a glass pane on top make the perfect test rig for our LED boards.
8. Electronics - Albert Clock's heart consists of a lot of electronics!
9. Birds-eye view - Elecronics and humans sharing the space.
10. The look behind the display - The segment mask forms the numbers on the display. We exclusively developed it for the Albert Clock.
13. Rotating - All manufacturing steps from top.
11. Manual work- The electronic boards are screwed onto the segment mask by hand.
12. Closing it up - Almost done! As the last step of manufacturing, the back door gets screwed and we put the clock in a protection sleeve for further packing treatment.
14. Final boxing - White gloves are a must, when the Albert Clock is placed in it's original box.
15. You protect what is precious - Protective films against scratches on the acrylic.
16. Farewell, Albert! - We are preparing your Albert Clock for shipping.